Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB-
Winston-Salem State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association
Winston-Salem State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.72 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.70 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.69 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities60Graduates
- Business Administration and Management45Graduates
- Health Care Management39Graduates
- Medical Technician38Graduates
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling35Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science30Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services25Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.83 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.107 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 54 responsesReport
After Winston-Salem State University
- Very Good314
I love the campus. Everyone acts like family. The professors and instructors are wonderful. I love attending Winston Salem State University.
- 3 days ago
The way the students communicate with the professors, is much different than I have experienced before. The students are disrespectful and don't give the teacher the time to explain what they need to teach.
- College Junior
- 1 month ago
I'm currently an online student and I enjoy having this as an option to further my career as a working wife and mother. One thing that I would like to change is the amount of interaction between students and educators. With the absence of building a rapport in the classroom setting, it makes it difficult to build a trusting relationship among students and staff.
- 1 month ago