Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeB-
Whittier College is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Whittier College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Data not available
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.44 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.45 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.45 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management77Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness38Graduates
- Child Development23Graduates
- Spanish Language and Literature23Graduates
- Political Science and Government20Graduates
- Social Sciences20Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services19Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.56 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.66 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 31 responsesReport
After Whittier College
- Very Good237
I am a recent alumn. Whittier College provided the best liberal arts experience I could have imagined! Small class sizes and remarkable instructors who treated each individual with respect and dignity. Whittier is a diamond in the rough as most people mistake it for a community college, but for those who have ever had the opportunity to visit the campus or sit in on a lecture, the one thing that can be linked between Whittier College and a community college is the word community itself! Whittier has an awesome community: faculty, staff, and students alike! It is because of my experience at Whittier that I have chosen to pursue and further my education in the medical field. This small liberal arts college showed me how to give back to my community and take ownership of the things that are important, like education a cleaner and greener planet, and the capacity to show compassion in every day situations.
- Recent Alumnus
- July 16 2015
What I like about Whittier so far would have to be the people on campus and the class sizes! I love that I am able to interact between my professors and peers. Coming from a public school to now a private school...I am really enjoying the change. What I would like to see change here on campus would be the amount of people who go to sporting events. Having a huge crowd behind you whether you are doing good or not shows that the school had pride, regardless of the score.
- 2 months ago
During my time at Whittier, I have come across professor's that were great and those that were horrible. However, my favorite thing about the school is the ability to work one-on-one with professors, ask them directly for help and advice, and the opportunity to have academic tutors for most classes. Also, the smallness of the college is a major plus for me!
- College Junior
- June 24 2015