Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeB-
Western Oregon University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great Northwest Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.72 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.68 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.68 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration125Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities100Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science69Graduates
- Public Health Education55Graduates
- Teacher Education for Multiple Levels48Graduates
- Social Sciences40Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies32Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.71 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.86 responses
After Western Oregon University
- Very Good346
Western Oregon University is a great school. It's a medium size school and a small class size so you'll get to know the professors and other peers well. Only down side is it's in a small town and will have to drive 20mins to get to some places.
- 9 days ago
Although my time here has been limited, I can already tell that Western Oregon University is something special. Being one of the top colleges for aspiring teachers and boasting an absolutely gorgeous campus, as well as being filled with supportive people and wonderful organizations, I can't possibly think of any negatives. In addition to the aforementioned, Western features great diversity, being one of but a handful of colleges that offers scholarship opportunities to Hawaiian students. It is also very supportive of the LGBT community, featuring positive acknowledgements, accommodations, and clubs. All in all, my experiences here are already impacting me for the better, and I take reassurance in knowing that this college is special to a lot of people for various reasons.
- 20 days ago
Being part of Western Oregon University has been a good experience. I came across professors that care about your success in school, are passionate on teaching, come well prepared to every class session and are very well welcoming to any questions or concerns you might have on any subject.
- College Junior
- 2 months ago