Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeA
West Virginia University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Big Twelve Conference
West Virginia University Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.106 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.106 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.106 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities649Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies165Graduates
- Exercise Physiology146Graduates
- Business Administration and Management139Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering138Graduates
- Animal Sciences and Husbandry129Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.146 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.189 responses
After West Virginia University
- Very Good888
This is the most beautiful campus we have seen to date. The faculty, students, buildings, everything about it was top notch. The friendly feel of the town, the easy commute from dorm to classrooms, the Mountainlair are all beyond our expectations. We loved the picturesque views, the beautiful mountains and the variety of amenities!
- Niche User
- 11 days ago
This school has a sense of home and pride that is unbeatable. I'm an out of state student and though I love my home back in Ohio, going back to West Virginia University. I never feel unsettled. It truly is a great school. I remember going to visit thinking it wouldn't be my cup of tea, but as I walked around and learned about the university it's self, I thought "wow...I feel right at home." I knew then that this was the school for me. That is why if I had to do college all over again, I would certainly choose WVU.
- College Sophomore
- 1 month ago
I haven't really enjoyed my experience at this school. I would venture to say the great majority of the students are just here to party and drink. Not many in my major are putting their education first. However the location is very pretty with lots to do.
- College Junior
- 2 months ago