Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeA-
West Chester University of Pennsylvania is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
West Chester University of Pennsylvania Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.112 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.112 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.112 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities245Graduates
- Early Childhood Education243Graduates
- Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition177Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness161Graduates
- Rhetoric and Composition153Graduates
- Business Administration and Management152Graduates
- Merchandising and Buying Operations139Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.130 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.154 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 82 responsesReport
After West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Very Good557
I love West Chester and I'm so proud to call myself a golden ram. Students on our campus are proud to show off their purple & gold colors. The reputation is thriving and we are becoming better known. I would definitely choose my school again and do the whole process over again if I could. There are so many things for the students to do. There is never a dull moment. And if campus is kind of dull, which it never really is, there's an awesome town just a short walk away with plenty of things to do. It's also close to Delaware, Philly, Lancaster, and King of Prussia. It's all around the perfect location and I am having a blast so far. There are also so many clubs for students to get involved in. No matter who you are or what you like to do, you will find something that interests you here. I can't wait to see where these next few years take me. Go Rams!
- College Freshman
- 11 months ago
I've heard that affiliated housing isn't bad, but just wait till you get in the traditional housing. Tell me these aren't the dumpiest dorms you've ever seen and I'll call you a liar. I lived in Killinger Hall and had the worst nine or so months of my life. Want a bathroom with yellow pee stains all over the seat? Killinger's got it! Want an air conditioner that breaks when it actually gets warm out and you need it? Killingers got it! Want to feel like you live in a petri dish of germs all year round? What do you know, Killingers got it! This was the worst possible dorm I could of ever been placed in and I heard that the other traditional dorms aren't much better. If you get put in Killinger, don't bother coming here, it'll ruin your entire college experience.
- College Freshman
- Apr 23 2015
The nightlife is wonderful! There is Barnabys, Rams Head Bar and Grill, which has high quality food and various kinds of beers. For the bar/club scene are Kildare's Irish Pub, which has great recipes and wonderful music. Its like a taste of Ireland! The people are very happy and make the ambiance spectacular! My favorite place is the Iron Hill Brewery. Extravagant and fun ambiance, I spend most weekends there. As for on campus the fraternities are always having parties. The parties are very enjoyable especially after a long week of studying!
- College Junior
- July 18 2013