Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeB
Valparaiso University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Lutheran
NCAA Division I-AA
Pioneer Football League
Valparaiso University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Data not available
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.53 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.51 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.51 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.68 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.75 responses
After Valparaiso University
- Very Good368
Well I went their on a visit and it is probably the most modern/safe school I have ever visited. With the college visits going one after another the people and the beautiful campus have remained with me, making this college the top of my list of choices. Honestly there is nothing to complain about!
- Niche User
- 7 days ago
A sibling of mine is currently attending the nursing program at Valparaiso, and she's been showing that she very much enjoys it. Out of interest, I toured, shadowed for a few classes, met with some of the professors, and often go to the library to study (I am still in high school). From my sister's experience, and my own experience from being connected to the school, it's an overall great quality university. Well deserving of the nickname "Poor Man's Harvard."
- Niche User
- 9 days ago
Committed to the students, atmosphere and education. Comfortable environment for anyone to feel like a part of the family.
- College Senior
- 2 months ago