Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB
Valdosta State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Gulf South Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.109 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.108 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.108 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management105Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies104Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching70Graduates
- Speech Language Pathology67Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities64Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.141 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.153 responses
After Valdosta State University
- Very Good606
I like the emphasis placed on student involvement in sports whether it be intramural or Varsity. I like the fact that Club Sports are encouraged. I like the fact that school spirit is strong. Students are encouraged to participate in pep rallys. The athletic facilities are excellent. I also like the fact that I can participate in off campus trips that involve rowing, kayaking, hiking, etc. Go Blazers!
- College Freshman
- 5 months ago
I love my school! Valdosta State's campus is absolutely breathtaking and they are always trying to improve to make the campus safer and updated. The professors are very well qualified to teach their subjects and always willing to help students. There have been some tragic events to take place here; however, VSU has responded to these events well and they learned and moved forward to make VSU better.
- College Senior
- 9 months ago
With the exception of one teacher, my experience here at VSU with faculty members has been the best experience I've had in awhile. Teachers are very engaging for students and build relationships you can rely on long after the class has been finished. Facebook is a great tool to stay connected with those teachers are just to be friend in general!
- College Freshman
- 8 months ago