Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB
Valdosta State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Gulf South Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.109 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.108 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.108 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management105Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies104Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching70Graduates
- Speech Language Pathology67Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities64Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.141 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.153 responses
After Valdosta State University
- Very Good603
Valdosta State University is a very 'cookie cutter' university. When I was there I felt like just another face in the sea of biology students and struggled tremendously. I did appreciate the advisement program when I was able to meet with my advisor but even that was difficult with the professor stretched so thin with other projects on top of lectures. I also did not appreciate how I was led on a wild goose chase when trying to get all of my financial aid information figured out. Honestly that set up might work for most people but I like a college/university that I feel is there for me when I need questions answered and things simplified.
- Niche User
- 16 hours ago
Valdosta is a great school. Good academics. Could have better food and better meal plans. Great diversity and opportunities for students.
- 1 day ago
I love the campus, it is beautiful! The professors care about the students and are always available to help. Lots going on around d campus, and Resident Assistants are great. I love the southern feel of the campus and the town of Valdosta.
- 7 days ago