Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeB+
Utah State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Mountain West Conference
Utah State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.268 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.268 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.268 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities1,373Graduates
- Communication Disorders341Graduates
- Business Administration and Management182Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching158Graduates
- Human Development150Graduates
- Elementary Education147Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering102Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 179 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.319 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.406 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 206 responsesReport
After Utah State University
- Very Good1588
Not a single person I've come in contact with has not loved their experience at Utah State! With minimal exceptions, professors actually care about their students and are willing to take extra time with students if students show interest. People are full of school spirit and love to take full advantage of the abundant outdoor activities so close to campus. Students are also uncommonly cheerful and friendly around campus as you will often have conversations and make new friends with random strangers just walking to class. Utah State University is unique because of the variety of academic opportunities as well as the helpful and encouraging attitude it offers to every individual that steps on campus.
- College Sophomore
- 4 months ago
The professors here are amazing and the learning environment is better than the University of Utah. Would totally recommend for anyone going into a science and agricultural major. The winter here is pretty cold though, so bring a nice warm jacket when you come up here. The tuition is cheap and practically a steal for the quality of education you get here. If you love the snow then you'll like it here. The diversity could use a little bit more ethnic groups because the majority here is white/caucasian. However, it is not a racist school, quite the opposite. Everyone is so warm and welcoming, no doubt you'll find a friend here in less than an hour!
- 2 months ago
I love Utah State! The campus is gorgeous but small enough that it doesn't take an hour to get from class to class. I love that everyone loves to be involved and there are always great activities to attend to keep the college spirit high. My school is unique in many ways. The amazing student sections at sports events ("I believe that we will win!"), it's a super safe campus, and although it looks like some small hardly university level college it really does put up great competition and has great programs that ensure hardworking students successful futures. I would never rethink being an Aggie. Go Aggies!
- College Freshman
- 3 months ago