Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeC
University of West Alabama is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Gulf South Conference
Data not available
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.13 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.13 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.13 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching30Graduates
- Teacher Education for Multiple Levels13Graduates
- Business Administration and Management11Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science11Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.18 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.22 responses
After University of West Alabama
- Very Good95
The school is small but it a large campus. I love the resources the school offers. It has a lot of activities to get involve in. They are quickly to solve problems if it is bought to their attention. The cafeteria needs to be open longer for the students to receive hot food from the steam tables not the grill.
- College Freshman
- 6 days ago
My overall experience at The University of West Alabama was fantastic. I made a lot of friends, and the people and professors were all very nice and helpful. The town is smaller then what I am used to but it was still beautiful. All of the buildings and classrooms were nice and they are still upgrading! The class size is no more then 30 students which fit me perfectly. I enjoy the smaller class room size because I can learn better and the professor knows who you are instead of being in a 200 student lecture hall.
- Graduate Student
- 18 days ago
UWA is a great place for all people. It's very diverse in personalities, and the teachers truly care about your success. It's very easy to get involved anywhere on campus.
- Recent Alumnus
- 2 months ago