Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
University of the Incarnate Word is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AA
University of the Incarnate Word Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.106 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.102 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.101 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management230Graduates
- Elementary Education63Graduates
- Human Resources Management46Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies40Graduates
- Organizational Behavior Studies39Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.128 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.144 responses
After University of the Incarnate Word
- Very Good523
I attended and graduated the BSN program May 2016 and loved the experience. Professors were intelligent, helpful and passionate. I enjoyed the beauty of the campus, surrounding areas and also the community activities and events hosted by the university. Most importantly, I loved the universities' commitment to ethics and commitment to the underserved and surrounding community.
- Graduate Student
- 1 day ago
I started their BSN Program this fall, and I am very satisfied with the campus and the program itself. All the faculty members are extremely helpful and truly want you to succeed in the program. The campus is beautiful and I see a lot of diversity within the students and faculty. Transferring to UIW was pleasantly smooth and everybody went out of their way to ensure I had everything completed before the program started. The local area is awesome regarding places to eat and there is a ton to do if you are not on campus but want to explore the area. The only complaint I have is the parking can be frustrating and constantly have to follow someone that is walking to their car in order to find a place to park. If you have classes very early in the morning, you should not have that problem, but if you come mid-morning or afternoon, it is a different story.
- 22 days ago
UIW is great if you want to dedicate yourself to academics. Very welcoming to everybody. However, sometimes athletes get a sense of priority. Small classes make the learning environment great as well as the friendliness of professors and students.
- 28 days ago