Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
University of the Incarnate Word is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AA
University of the Incarnate Word Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.106 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.102 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.101 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management230Graduates
- Elementary Education63Graduates
- Human Resources Development46Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies40Graduates
- Organizational Behavior Studies39Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.128 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.144 responses
After University of the Incarnate Word
- Very Good525
I really love the environment of this university. Everyone is very friendly and it's a beautiful campus. It is not too big and not too small -- it is just the right size for comfort! I can't explain how amazing the professors are. I've never seen so much passion for teaching like I have seen from these professors. They are extremely educated in their field and their love for their students is very evident. There is always something going on around campus -- clubs looking to recruit, volunteering opportunities, free educational seminars, etc. The students are very nice as well as the campus employees (cafe, police, nuns). I absolutely love this school so much!
- College Junior
- 3 months ago
When everyone need's to use the campus network for something important, say registering for next semester's courses, it's horrible to be one campus. Stay far away! The screens will freeze, the computers will take forever to load your content, and you will be left frustrated and angry. Other than that, the amount of time it takes for campus computers to log someone into the network, takes 5 minutes maybe. Most students are used to maybe 1-2 minutes, and they don't like the wait. Internet Explorer is an annoyance, honestly. I prefer Google Chrome to any of the software. On any regular day, the computers work fairly well.
- College Freshman
- Mar 19 2014
Incarnate Word boasts an incredible variety of races, ethnic groups, and religion affiliations throughout campus. Because of the wide variety of the aforementioned tennants of diversity, there is no shortage of learning opportunities for students who have little to no experience of living outside of their culture. Do not be afraid to ask someone why they do things differently; as long as you are genuine, serious, and considerate about your inquiries, you will learn much about different cultures throughout campus!
- College Sophomore
- Aug 5 2013