Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
University of Texas - El Paso is ...
NCAA Division I-A
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.172 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.170 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.169 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities279Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies227Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science151Graduates
- Business Administration and Management103Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering103Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 98 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.204 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.229 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 109 responsesReport
After University of Texas - El Paso
- Very Good867
I am a freshmen at UTEP, and I am too from El Paso. The school is not a traditional university, I will name my reasons in the following review. The university does not have a Greek row, while they do have Greek life there is no housing for these involved in the organizations. The students are very diverse which is great, however the school does have a 99.9% exceptance rate. Academics are also challenging, two of the best colleges here would be Business and Engineering. The campus is fairly sized, only one set of dorms (Village) is actually on the campus, Heights and Canyon are a 5 minute drive and 10 minute walk away from campus. The sports are eventful with a classic football game but we are not the best team. The food, let's just say it's not the best.
- 2 hours ago
First semester, but over all great school. Amazing program and very well known curriculum, everyone is neighbor friendly and gets along whether it's just for class, assignment or outside of it. Professors are very helpful, can't understand something? Their is always office hours, tutoring or just stay with them after class to help break down the lecture. For your personal problems, whether it's health related or not their's many areas you can go visit or take a friend that needs help as well. UTEP is a great University for many to attend and is recommended to many.
- 9 days ago
I liked my courses this year, the teachers have been really great on teaching their subjects. I, however, would like to see more opportunities for group advising.
- 11 days ago