Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
University of South Alabama is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Sun Belt Conference
University of South Alabama Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.102 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.101 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.101 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Paramedic)129Graduates
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs95Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching77Graduates
- Elementary Education75Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities70Graduates
- Business Administration and Management69Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration64Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.126 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.150 responses
After University of South Alabama
- Very Good490
I am highly involved with the football program as a member of the Jaguar Marching Band and I love supporting our players. Game days are the most exciting events I've witnessed so far in college. The students always make a large showing and are incredibly enthusiastic about supporting our team. Our team, while not the best, is improving every year- especially for such a young program! Our marching band, even though I'm a bit biased, is one of the best in the region
- College Sophomore
- 5 months ago
The University of South Alabama constantly has new buildings and projects being developed. They use traditional bricks that bring a historical yet modern look to the campus. The campus has state of the art facilities with new equipment in almost every building. They are always renovating something on campus. Just in the past year, they have added enormous entrances, landscaped the entire campus with gorgeous plants, trees and flowers, and added a brand new Engineering and CIS facility. The campus really is constantly growing and looks exceptionally well!
- College Senior
- Aug 17 2012
My first semester, my teacher offered extra credit for those who wanted to shadow in their lab. I decided that that sounded fun, and I got credit for it, so I did. I had so much fun shadowing that I asked to volunteer for her the next semester. While volunteering, she mentioned that after a semester of volunteering for her, she would hire me, and I got my first job! Because of this, I didn't really have any difficulties finding the job. I have noticed that many people cant afford the time to volunteer for an entire semester before working, but I understand why that would want that, and I wouldn't suggest they hand out research jobs to whoever wants money.
- College Sophomore
- Nov 9 2013