Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC+
University of Northern Colorado is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Big Sky Conference
University of Northern Colorado Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.98 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.96 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.95 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities251Graduates
- Business Administration and Management208Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science162Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies79Graduates
- Drama and Theatre Production77Graduates
- Studio Arts59Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.113 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.134 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 38 responsesReport
After University of Northern Colorado
- Very Good683
For incoming Freshman students, and for current college students, the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) is the type of institution in which you are nearby nature, and just a few steps away from the city. Located in the humble and peaceful city of Greeley, a place that gives sophistication and urban nightlife all while being submerged within such a serene and polished atmosphere filled with wildlife and various other entertaining aspects, UNC is the ideal university for that particular student that wants to connect more with nature all while not being too far from the city. From friendly teaching staff to the divine food, UNC is certainly one of the best establishments to venture towards in Colorado.
- 18 days ago
My overall experience with Kapiolani Community College was that it was very rewarding and satisfying. I made a ton of friends and connections that I know will help me succeed later on in life. The experiences I gained in college could never be comparable to anything else and I'm glad I decided to go. I can't wait to transfer to the University of Northern Colorado for the fall of 2016 and to see where life takes me.
- College Junior
- 2 months ago
I applied to only my top two schools, Santa Fe University and University of Northern Colorado (UNC). Santa Fe is known to be one of the best schools in the nation for the arts, however, UNC did not treat me like every other student applying, they actually cared for me and called me by my nickname and helped me with my enrollment. UNC is a small school, due to its size the professors have the opportunity to meet with every single one of the students helping us and seeing which are out strengths and weaknesses. By all means, I would not choose any other school if I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I belong in UNC.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago