Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA
University of North Texas is ...
NCAA Division I-A
University of North Texas Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.285 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.285 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.285 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities1,145Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies229Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science218Graduates
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication198Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management187Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 194 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.358 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.456 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 201 responsesReport
After University of North Texas
- Very Good1985
A lot of professors are willing to work with you if you're struggling. They stress their office hours and encourage emailing if you have any questions. There's plenty of resources on campus to help students with anything from writing labs to department libraries if you need extra help in certain classes. UNT has a wide array of clubs and organizations to join; at the beginning of every semester, they hold 'flings' where you can look at all of them and ask questions. The university president likes to make appearances and hang out with the students when there are activities going on around campus. There's never a dull moment at UNT because the University is ALWAYS hosting something. If you're struggling with not having food or even depression, UNT has services that can help you.
- 2 days ago
After transferring to this University, I have been very pleased with my experience! The professors are amazing and really take the time to make sure you are learning as much as you can from each class you take. Overall I have had a really great experience here.
- 3 days ago
I love UNT- the campus is nice, the diversity is awesome, the classes I take are beneficial to me and I just like the overall feeling of it. It's not perfect, but it's my school and that's all that matters
- 5 days ago