Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA
University of North Texas is ...
NCAA Division I-A
University of North Texas Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.285 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.285 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.285 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities1,145Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies229Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science218Graduates
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication198Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management187Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 194 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.358 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.456 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 201 responsesReport
After University of North Texas
- Very Good1985
I love UNT- the campus is nice, the diversity is awesome, the classes I take are beneficial to me and I just like the overall feeling of it. It's not perfect, but it's my school and that's all that matters
- 1 day ago
i am currently a junior Majoring in marketing at the University of north texas. This school is literally the best school ever! my freshman year, i stayed at kerr hall, and the food there is amazing. there are many resources that are given to the students to aid their college experiences. and lastly the school has the best union in all of texas.
- 1 day ago
The campus is very clean, green, and friendly. I feel safe walking around on campus. The classes are challenging and worth the cost of tuition. Housing is too expensive. Their online log in accounts are not always user friendly and there are multiple accounts that you have to keep up with. Parking passes are too expensive and parking for residents is scarce. School spirit is good but attendance at sporting events isn't the greatest. The campus is well integrated into the community with no clear border of where campus ends and begins. I personally do not like that there is a separate form that you must fill out in order to be considered for scholarships while other universities use the information directly from your application and FASFA. They treat their students as independent adults straight off the bat, with expectations that are just a little too high for freshman. Once you get over those bumps and into the door, the school is great!
- 2 days ago