Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB+
University of New Orleans is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.46 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.45 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.45 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management165Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities105Graduates
- Drama and Theatre Production96Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management50Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering39Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.53 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.61 responses
After University of New Orleans
- Very Good187
When I began college, I was not attending the University of New Orleans. I was, in fact, attending Loyola University-New Orleans just 15 minutes away. Loyola was a very small school, but everyone there was exactly the same - tourists, uncultured, rich, and snobby. I had made the decision to transfer to UNO after my very first semester there. I am absolutely glad I made that decision, and I could not be any happier than where I am at now. The University of New Orleans is filled with some very intelligent, cultured, caring people, and that is what I love most about it. On top of that, the teachers actually care, the campus is nice, and they have a great location within the city and near the French Quarter! Go Privateers!
- College Sophomore
- Nov 4 2015
I love UNO because it is convenient and offers a variety of great programs. I feel that the professors genuinely care about your long term outcome. Unfortunately, it's very hard to get in touch with anyone on campus to schedule appointments or to get answers to your enrollment and financial aid questions whenever they get complicated. Food on campus is awesome! It's not the prettiest campus, but I could lounge in front of the library for hours (and I have). I'm happy to be here and just ready to get my degree and move on.
- College Sophomore
- 7 months ago
Our library isn't as beautiful as Tulane's, but is fairly decent. The only think I would complain about it is that it closes far too early. The student center and athletic centers are very nice, we have free access to the work out rooms, pools, and sauna as well! Due to our school being mainly a commuters university (90% of students don't live at the university), it tends to be a little quiet after dark, but one can usually find a party in the North Dorms. Due to the cheap housing in New Orleans, most people simply go to someone's off-campus apartment though. Campus activities include anything from mardigras celebration, to our two week long series of events to welcome the new freshman to our university.
- Recent Alumnus
- June 2 2014