Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB-
University of New Mexico is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Mountain West Conference
University of New Mexico Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.138 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.136 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.136 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management557Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities232Graduates
- Corrections and Corrections Administration167Graduates
- Elementary Education158Graduates
- Spanish Language and Literature119Graduates
- Political Science and Government117Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.185 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.243 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 57 responsesReport
After University of New Mexico
- Very Good1130
I like UNM, as while I have had some "eh" teachers in the lower-division courses, the professors teaching the upper-division coursework are experts and passionate about their fields.
- College Senior
- 9 days ago
I love UNM! It's given me opportunities that I would not receive else where. The school has helped me financially so there would be no way for me to leave my studies. Here, I am making my dreams a reality!
- 19 days ago
They say that college is a time when you are on your own, but with all of the whose interest is to help us students, I don't feel alone because there is always someone that I can talk to.
- College Freshman
- 1 month ago