Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeB+
University of Montana is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Big Sky Conference
University of Montana Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.62 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.59 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.58 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management254Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities138Graduates
- Anthropology and Archaeology88Graduates
- Business Support Services82Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching81Graduates
- Foundations of Education76Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.93 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.111 responses
After University of Montana
- Very Good663
My experience at the University of Montana has been exceptional, challenging, and introspective. The campus offers students the ability to participate in clubs, greek life, or simply enjoy the hiking trials in the surrounding bitter root valley after class. I love UM for its academic quality in liberal arts, valuing artistic ingenuity, and creative elements, as well as its rich educational department. UM has taught me to challenge myself mentally, emotionally, and physically, as a holistic environment where all elements of life are valued.
- Graduate Student
- 18 days ago
At my school, everybody is their brother and sisters' keeper. When somebody needs help, there is always somebody there at least trying to do their best to help out. The teachers are amazing and the trade equipment is definitely up to par. I love it.
- College Senior
- 2 months ago
I will be attending the University of Montana in the Fall. I can't wait! So far the school seems to have a diverse, welcoming, and engaged student body. The smaller campus and engaging faculty have been very welcoming and helpful to guide me towards a field of study. I have sacrificed to save money and work in Montana for the last year so that I could attend the school of my choice. I look forward to being a Griz and carrying on the tradition, as my dad is an alumni of the school. Can't wait to make new friends, start my education to a new and exciting career path, and live in the state that I grew up in until I was in high school. I love Colorado but am so ready to get back to the warm, welcoming people of Montana. It truly is the last best place.--Katherine Gundlach
- College Freshman
- 2 months ago