Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA+
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Big Ten Conference
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.239 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.246 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.244 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management482Graduates
- Research and Experimental Psychology481Graduates
- Political Science and Government359Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies344Graduates
- Physiological Psychology342Graduates
- Mathematics & Statistics270Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering243Graduates
- International Studies236Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 143 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.272 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.357 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 158 responsesReport
After University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- Very Good1483
Niche is extremely easy to use and find scholarships. It is an easy way to fund your college education without much effort.
- 2 days ago
Michigan is great. It encompasses everything that should be in a college, and sacrifices nothing. Imagine it being like a huge private school instead of a state school. Michigan has such a huge endowment that all the facilities are incredible. There is so much to do here that you won't know where to start. Regardless of what you want to do, it is guaranteed that Michigan will occupy your niche.
- 9 days ago
It's the best decision that I made. I am a nursing student and the academics are pretty intense, but definitely manageable. I have had only positive experiences with advisers and I am impressed by the quality of my professors. Game days are the best days of the year and make up for the other days of studying. There are always parties on the weekend. I am in Greek Life and have found it to be a great community to be apart of. It is a big school, but getting involved in different activities and getting to know people of the same major is a great way to meet people. The student body is fairly racially and geographically diverse, but not really economically. The campus is so gorgeous and walking to class always puts me in a good mood. Ann Arbor is also an amazing place to spend free time. The drive and intelligence of the other students is inspiring. U of M if the best of both worlds of fun and challenging academics.
- 15 days ago