Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeA+
University of Miami is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Atlantic Coast Conference
University of Miami Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.111 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.112 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.112 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management118Graduates
- Political Science and Government113Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies83Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.150 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.196 responses
After University of Miami
- Very Good1009
I'm very happy I chose to attend the University of Miami. The system they use to help students fulfill their general education requirements makes them stand out. I was able to choose classes that I actually wanted to take, and the ability to explore classes that are outside of one's major or minor is fantastic.
- 2 days ago
The University of Miami is a fantastic place to grow academically, professionally, mentally, and socially. I believe the resources it has to offer provide amazing support and opportunities for students, so long as we reach out and maintain a proactive approach to career development while enrolled. My personal favorite part of the University of Miami is my involvement with the band. It has offered friendships and passion; hard work and dedication; professional development. I have learned so much about what it means to have bottomless school spirit and fun, while maintaining a very sound composure in representing the school. The band director is in many ways a role model. From his friendly approach to all students, to his leadership structure and thought out analysis of T.A. and student staff involvement to micromanage improvement and morale. This program has inspired me and made me fall in love with the school, if only for the culture I get to be a part of.
- College Junior
- 3 days ago
The U is a great experience it's filled with a diverse student population and there is always something to do. Whether it's sitting by the pool, studying in the library, or at a football game. Being in Miami is just a plus
- College Senior
- 10 days ago