Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
University of Massachusetts - Lowell is ...
NCAA Division I-A
University of Massachusetts - Lowell Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.43 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.42 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management436Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration289Graduates
- Information Studies284Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering136Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities102Graduates
- Rehabilitation and Therapy77Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.69 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.82 responses
After University of Massachusetts - Lowell
- Very Good376
I am a freshmen and although I don't have much experience here at UMASS Lowell, I do have to say that this college makes your transition from high school to college so easy. They really want to make your transition as smooth as possible and they strive for you to be the best worker or educator as you can be. The professors genuinely care about your learning and the university itself provides many resources for you to succeed. I love this school and I recommend anyone of any major to come here!
- 1 hour ago
As a current student who grew up living around the University of Massachusetts- Lowell, I have seen UML change for the better. Growing up if someone told me that they were going to UML my first thought would be that they probably didn't care much about their education. Although, this thought changed. When I first started to go to UML I was very intimidated by how large the campuses were and how many students were there. You never see the same face twice and you see people from different ethnic backgrounds- it's refreshing! As a person who graduated high school with four African Americans, seeing the diversity on campus is a relief. Because I am a commuter I do not eat the campus food or live on campus, so I cannot give a fair judgment on the food. It's tough to make friends if you don't live on campus or if you are shy. It's easy to get lost in the crowd.
- 17 days ago
Great campus, close to home, friendly environment to the student.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago