Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeC
University of Maryland Eastern Shore is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.75 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.85 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.84 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Police and Criminal Science110Graduates
- Business Administration and Management46Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science40Graduates
- Family Studies and Consumer Sciences38Graduates
- Hotel and Resort Management34Graduates
- Rehabilitation and Therapy34Graduates
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology18Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.89 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.99 responses
After University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Very Good256
At my school, you are not immersed in this large population of the hardworking student. Here you find relaxed, not too concerned individuals. Professors are a hit or a miss. I've had some professors who are super concerned about helping, then you have the ones in the chemistry department who slam their doors as soon as they hear students approaching. The system operates very slow, but they try, and that's what matters. I love the school because when you connect to someone faculty or staff, they truly guide you. That personal connection makes up for anything else. I cannot comment on campus life since I do not live there, but I have stayed at a friend's room, and man, those things are tiny. My favorite experiences include anything with the Biology or Food Science departments. The staff really makes you feel welcome and really try for you. Some of the Math department is that way as well. As a student with disabilities, ADHD and Dyslexia, the disability coordinator really makes student feel equally valued as well. TAs are underutilized, but that stems from the lack of organization in the University its self.
- College Senior
- 5 months ago
My overall experience at this college was okay. I liked how beautiful and quiet the campus is. I would say I had only 3 good teachers out of the 6 that I had. I liked how the school had activities planned for students but what made the activities so uninteresting was the fact that they were low bugeted . The dorms were okay, I lived in UT ( University Terrace, which is the best girls dorm). The cafeteria food was nasty most of the time and it would hurt students stomachs. If you choose to go here you will make great friends.
- 20 days ago
Being on campus is not a problem. Walking from campus to outside housing is when you need to be a little careful, especially if doing so at night. Arden's Run is pretty safe, but don't forget to lock your apartment doors during night hours!
- Recent Alumnus
- 7 months ago