Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC-
University of Mary Washington is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Capital Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.60 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.58 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.57 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management153Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities92Graduates
- Political Science and Government46Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies43Graduates
- Foreign Languages and Literatures41Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say they don't have Greek life.56 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.77 responses
After University of Mary Washington
- Very Good263
This school is my new home. It is a small, liberal arts institution located in a quiet neighborhood outside of downtown Fredericksburg, VA. It hosts a quiet, yet effective learning environment for a small body of 4000 undergraduate students. The professors are enthusiastic about their subjects and very willing to help. On top of that, they are hired at high standards, and there are no teacher's assistants. Equal treatment and fairness are key components of the school's vision of personal development and educational achievement.
- 16 days ago
The University of Mary Washington is a very old, but a very beautiful campus. I've been here for three weeks now, and every time I walk down College Dr. I get a smile or a hello from someone I don't know, this shows how close we are as a student body. I feel very safe here due to the fact UMW has it's own security detail, and they also have blue lights to press if you ever feel unsafe at any point in the day. University of Mary Washington doesn't have a football team, due to the fact that when the college was established in 1908 it was an all woman's college, and women don't play football. Therefore our homecoming sport is rugby!! Residence life is great, even if you don't like your roommate (LOL) you can hang out with other people in your hall and in other residence halls. There are plenty of places to hang out like the lobby, the parlor, or even in Ball Circle. My life at University of Mary Washington has been great and I can't wait to say that I am an alumni from UMW.
- 1 month ago
Professors are nice and generally helpful.
- College Junior
- 2 months ago