Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
University of Maine is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Atlantic 10 Conference
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.99 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.104 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.104 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management86Graduates
- Elementary Education67Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering64Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching52Graduates
- Political Science and Government52Graduates
- Civil Engineering49Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.133 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.176 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 74 responsesReport
After University of Maine
- Very Good643
I have had a lot of fun at the University of Maine in the last couple of months. It is really interesting to live on campus and to be so close to everything.
- 2 days ago
My first semester at UMaine has been a blast! My transition was fairly easy as everyone on my floor and in my classes are so friendly and want to learn and have fun doing it. The professors are all here to teach and love to answer any questions that students may have. Most teachers are easy to reach right through their email! I joined the club soccer team and the University Singers and have made multitudes of connections from these while doing the hobbies that I love. I also got a part-time job on campus as a non-work study student and there were still plenty of opportunities for me to obtain a part-time job on campus. The only trouble has been not having an advisor as an undecided student because of the shortage on staff. However, I should be getting one soon as they tell me.It has been a great semester so far!
- 6 days ago
This is my first year at the University of Maine in Orono, so far the people here are very nice and respectful. Also, the dorm room are nice depending on the dorm hall you live in (I'm in Androscoggin hall). The university is known as a party school and it does live up to the name there are at least three parties a week. All of the professor I have seen so far care about their classes and assign a good amount of homework a week. Overall, the experience at the university is an enjoyable one with fun people and nice professors.
- 7 days ago