Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB
University of La Verne is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.68 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.69 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.69 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management514Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities95Graduates
- Child Development71Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching47Graduates
- Public Administration34Graduates
- Legal Studies23Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.80 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.105 responses
After University of La Verne
- Very Good359
La Verne is great! Coming in as a freshman I was very intimidated, but there is nothing intimidating about La Verne. The professors are nice and very helpful. The university has a very positive energy, even other students and faculty are nice. Since it's a small school, you don't have to walk much and you get to know your professors and establish a relationship with them. The best part is parking is free and so is tutoring.
- 10 days ago
The school is definitely not for me. The student body population is smaller than my high school, and over half are commuters, leaving campus life to be practically nonexistant. Tuition and board is a whopping $56,000, and yet there's rarely events, and the events that are put on are rather dull. I mean, the floats for our homecoming parade were pulled in little red wagons! That's how small and... pathetic, they were.
- College Sophomore
- 5 months ago
Don't Do the Crime If You Can't Pay the Time – The University of La Verne is simply the same as most other universities when it comes to campus strictness. For example, you can only drink if your of age, and those students who are under, and are caught red handed with alcohol, pay the price. The first is a warning, second is probation, and third, the possibility of getting kicked out. Parties on the other hand, is a different story. Those students who are planning a big event cannot advertise any alcohol or violence. One student for example, planned a house party, and designed flyers to pass around the entire university. Unfortunately, his plans were ruined by a campus director who saw the flyer. Most students are smart when it comes to situations like this, but once again if your not of age, don't do the crime if you can't pay the time. You snooze, you loose!
- College Freshman
- Apr 28 2012