Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA+
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Big Ten Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.182 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.183 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.182 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Cellular Biology374Graduates
- Computer Science296Graduates
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine276Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering266Graduates
- Mathematics & Statistics241Graduates
- Political Science and Government229Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.281 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.318 responses
After University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Very Good1572
This is an outstanding university in all aspects. People attend from all over the world to finish with a degree from this institution. Campus resources are endless. The atmosphere is academic but also fun. Stidents and staff are very welcoming, intelligent, and inclusive people.
- 17 days ago
I am currently a junior at the University, majoring in Architecture. I absolutely love going to school there. The price is a bit expensive for a state school but worth it.
- 17 days ago
I'm an only child and a first generation student. That being said I didn't have much guidance when it came to picking a college or attending a university for that matter. U of I is a great school IF you utilize your resources and figure out this "college thing" early on, or better yet, before you get there. My main complaint is that I feel like the advisors tend to go with any possible major or career path that you bring up when planning out your academic schedule, without helping you make sure that it is actually a good fit for you . I'm about to be a senior, and I'm just now starting to feel like I'm beginning to understand how to explore the many opportunities (scholarships, study abroad, and clubs) that UIUC has to offer. To be honest I'm considering staying another semester just so that I can enjoy the campus, and not be all scatter-brained and all over the place with my major and courses. But for those of you who know what you want to do with your life, and have all the familial guidance to do so, UIUC is a great school especially if you're super social, alcohol-loving, and white.
- College Senior
- 2 months ago