Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC
University of Hawaii at Hilo is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Pacific West Conference
University of Hawaii at Hilo Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.32 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.34 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.34 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Pharmacy Studies89Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science53Graduates
- Business Administration and Management35Graduates
- Anthropology and Archaeology22Graduates
- Marine Biology and Oceanography22Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say they don't have Greek life.38 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.66 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 21 responsesReport
After University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Very Good208
Everyone is very helpful and friendly. The food in the cafe is awesome great taste great choices. Love the fact I am away a college but yet not to far from home. UH Hilo has a lot of activities for not only new student but for every student on campus.
- 16 days ago
One of the reasons why I love my school (especially the department that I am majoring in) is because the staff motivates me to do my best work and encourages me to continue along the educational path to earning my Master's Degree.
- Recent Alumnus
- 3 months ago
Compared to other schools I've been to, the student body here is very diverse. Everyone?s pretty much laid back and friendly. I haven?t had any bad experiences with any teachers, but some are definitely stricter when it comes to grades and giving extra credit. The weekend adventures provided through the school are a great way to explore the island if you don?t have a car. The dorms could use some upgrades and parking can be a bit of a nightmare if you get stuck with the general parking pass. Overall it?s a pretty decent school with a beautiful campus.
- College Senior
- 3 months ago