Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA+
- Student LifeA+
University of Georgia is ...
NCAA Division I-A
University of Georgia Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.178 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.187 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.187 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management239Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies211Graduates
- Political Science and Government203Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 90 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.269 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.363 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 81 responsesReport
After University of Georgia
- Very Good1913
I went to the UGA campus as part of a summer veterinary program. Athens itself is a beautiful town, and the campus is no exception. I went on tours of both their former veterinary college as well as the new one. The former was very large and still had many of its facilities being used by professionals. The newer facility was amazing beyond compare. The machinery they were using to treat animals was better than some of the ones in human hospitals! The admissions team and alumni were also extremely friendly and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend UGA to anyone interested in the veterinary field or just medicine in general.
- Niche User
- 16 days ago
UGA gets 4 stars because, back in the early 2000s, that school gave me the classic college experience: gorgeous campus, a ton of students of all types (ranging from the stereotypical greeks, nerds, the achingly shy, geeks, huge jocks, literary aces, hippies with a philosophic bent, etc), hilariously drunken parties, art shows put on by grad students ... all of this happening in a small southern city.
- 16 days ago
So far, it has only been a week, but I've already learned how helpful everyone is at UGA. The staff and students are all willing to help.
- College Freshman
- 2 months ago