Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodA+
- Student LifeB
University of California - Santa Cruz is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Division III Independents
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.160 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.154 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.153 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.233 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.270 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 70 responsesReport
After University of California - Santa Cruz
- Very Good1282
So far, this school has been great to me. I have met many people from different backgrounds which is something I enjoy doing. The classes are what I expected them to be, challenging but not impossible. The campus itself is beautiful and I enjoy everything about it. I know coming here is the best decision I have ever made.
- College Freshman
- 5 days ago
Overall UCSC is an okay school. The professors for electrical engineering are great and effective at teaching the material students need to learn. The school on the other hand has accepted more students than they have room for. This will cause the class sizes to become larger and it will also shorten the length of each course.
- College Senior
- 14 days ago
I love the atmosphere and the students here! The campus is beautiful and it is nice to see nature while studying. Only at down would be the professors. Some of them are rather condescending and not easy to approach for help or questions. I would choose this school again because of the people and the student life but I would want for a strong group of professors.
- College Senior
- 17 days ago