Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA+
University of California - Santa Barbara is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Big West Conference
University of California - Santa Barbara Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.247 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.249 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.249 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Research and Experimental Psychology489Graduates
- International Studies322Graduates
- Political Science and Government276Graduates
- Environmental Studies247Graduates
- Physiological Psychology169Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 148 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.349 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.391 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 146 responsesReport
After University of California - Santa Barbara
- Very Good1624
This school has, by far, some of the most amazing views of many campuses I've visited. Many of the students here are incredibly friendly and easy going people. It's now ranked number 8, and is relatively inexpensive in comparison to other schools. If you're interested in parties, this school has a lot of that scene as well.
- 2 days ago
The campus is beautiful!! When I arrived my mind was in turmoil as a realization hit me: this is my new home. I've met so many wonderful people and the resources to help welcome you are so helpful.
- 7 days ago
The welcoming of freshmen is very engaging and there are many activities you can go to during Welcome Week. It feels like the whole school is trying to get everyone involved even if that is not your personality.
- 16 days ago