Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA+
University of California - Santa Barbara is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Big West Conference
University of California - Santa Barbara Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.247 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.249 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.249 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Research and Experimental Psychology489Graduates
- International Studies322Graduates
- Political Science and Government276Graduates
- Environmental Studies247Graduates
- Physiological Psychology169Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 148 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.349 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.391 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 146 responsesReport
After University of California - Santa Barbara
- Very Good1624
The campus is beautiful!! When I arrived my mind was in turmoil as a realization hit me: this is my new home. I've met so many wonderful people and the resources to help welcome you are so helpful.
- 5 days ago
The welcoming of freshmen is very engaging and there are many activities you can go to during Welcome Week. It feels like the whole school is trying to get everyone involved even if that is not your personality.
- 14 days ago
Im but a lowly freshman, however I fell in with a good group of second years that have showed me how things worked around here. Now I have to say that I absolutely hated high school, I was a general outcast and not really liked by anyone. I was the kid whose best friends were his teachers. But, I've never felt happier than I do here. The people are nothing short of wonderful, even the frat guys are really nice, and that is something I never thought I would experience. It's a place where the outcasts and the popular, people of all orientations and beliefs, a place where everyone can find common ground. This school is fantastic, and I am so viscerally excited for the years to come.
- 23 days ago