Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB-
University of California - San Diego is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Division II Independents
University of California - San Diego Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.204 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.197 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.198 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Political Science and Government328Graduates
- Computer Science322Graduates
- Management Sciences and Information Systems278Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology264Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.264 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.306 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 144 responsesReport
After University of California - San Diego
- Very Good1140
So far, I love this university. I like to party and the fact that I love being here even though there's no parties ever, means something. It's so inclusive and everyone here is courteous. There's always something going on for students to participate in. There are so many resources here for students to ensure that students are doing well in classes and doing well mentally. It's overall such a great school to attend, even more if the student lives on campus.
- 2 days ago
It is very difficult as a biology major. Classes require a lot of work and is demanding as a UC school. GE requirements do not seem to be fairly distributed in terms of difficultly among all the colleges.
- 5 days ago
Even though I am a first-year and only one month into school, I am already loving my college experience and can tell that this school fits me and all my needs. The majority of my courses are very engaging and pique my interests and there are many great programs here designed to help students succeed. Aside from that, the location is amazing and the campus is overall pretty safe. I love the academically centered and laid back atmosphere.
- 7 days ago