Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB
University of California - San Diego is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Division II Independents
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.136 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.132 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.133 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Political Science and Government328Graduates
- Computer Science322Graduates
- Management Sciences and Information Systems278Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology264Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.201 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.243 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 67 responsesReport
After University of California - San Diego
- Very Good1138
I love the overall look of the campus. The Geisel library is very large with lots of places to study. It has reserved the first two floors for collaborative study, floors three through seven for quiet study, and the top floor for silent study. Each floor has many windows so you are able to view the beautiful campus while studying. Some of these floors include large individual desks and group study rooms. This school also includes a wellness zone called "The Zone" where they offer methods to destress such as free massages, visiting puppies on Thursdays, and craft activities. There are also many tutoring rooms with free tutors for various subjects such as Chemistry, Math, Physics, and Computer Science. There are plentiful opportunities to improve your skills and get help in your studies at University of California, San Diego. Professors are also constantly trying to reveal internship opportunities to students and try to help them in their application process.
- 2 days ago
The University of California, San Diego provides a great education as well as a wonderful environment for students around the world. The courses are both challenging and intriguing. The separation of colleges within the university is a good way of forming communities on campus and making the overall experience at UCSD more personal without secluding any student. The campus promotes and practices acceptance to people no matter their race, beliefs, gender, etc.
- 19 days ago
UCSD has been an absolutely incredible experience. Even though some of the classes are incredibly difficult and time consuming, there are so many reasons to attend this amazing school. Not only is the campus in an amazing location with beautiful views and weather, but it also home to some of the most amazing opportunities imaginable.
- 19 days ago