Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA+
University of California - Berkeley is ...
NCAA Division I-A
High School GPA
Data not available
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.160 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.161 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.161 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Cellular Biology506Graduates
- Political Science and Government370Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering367Graduates
- Business Administration and Management356Graduates
- Computer Science329Graduates
- Social Sciences326Graduates
- Mathematics & Statistics304Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.231 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.282 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 67 responsesReport
After University of California - Berkeley
- Very Good1336
Thanks to Niche, I have applied to hundreds of scholarships! I originally needed to apply for scholarships for a grade in my high school AVID class, but I've found that scholarships are much more helpful than they are an assignment.
- Niche User
- 1 day ago
I've just started at UC Berkeley, but I have been deeply involved with this school since the beginning of high school. I did some academic programs here over the summer as well as simply being able to be around campus since my sister went here as well. The student life is simply amazing, I can't imagine what I would do without all my friends, other than just study. People are are kind, funny, and friendly. Simply, it feels like a family, a family that has 30,000 members. A lot of the dorms are pretty spacious, and the food is exceptional, as well as having an enormous variety. The area is also pretty fun. Everywhere you'll see artsists and musicians, drawing and singing on the streets, and all sorts of other characters that make life here even more fun. Not only but people here really know how to get hyped about things to. Overall its just a really positive place to be in, and I couldn't imagine not being here.
- 14 days ago
My experience at UC Berkeley has been amazing. The professors are my favorite part. They are so knowledgeable, and some are even famous, in their field of study. The best part? They genuinely care about our, the students, growth! UC Berkeley professors are not just looking for a pay check, they are looking to share knowledge with students that they believe are important. My least favorite part of Cal, housing. Ugh! Good housing is not only hard to come by, but its inflated! I hope UC Berkeley looks into creating more affordable and comfortable student housing.
- 17 days ago