Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA+
University of California - Berkeley is ...
NCAA Division I-A
University of California - Berkeley Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Data not available
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.227 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.231 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.231 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Cellular Biology506Graduates
- Political Science and Government370Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering367Graduates
- Business Administration and Management356Graduates
- Computer Science329Graduates
- Social Sciences326Graduates
- Mathematics & Statistics304Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 143 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.286 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.344 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 147 responsesReport
After University of California - Berkeley
- Very Good1362
I like everything about UC Berkeley. It is an amazing university with so many bright young students that have so much to offer to the world.
- 2 days ago
UC Berkeley provides top notch academics with great research opportunities. The university, in terms of faculty and amenities, is incredible as well with top scientists and figures from basically every field. The dorms are nice, but are very expensive (as is any of the housing around campus). I don't care for the local food, but many students seem to like it very much. Safety isn't all that secured as I get notifications from the local police department nearly everyday alerting of a mugging or sexual harassment. Despite the negative aspects, I gave a 5/5 star because I believe everything else is secondary to the academics and opportunities a university provides.
- 7 days ago
As a student who was originally looking for a small student body, UC Berkeley has been everything I hoped for and more. I've met incredible friends and classmates as well as teachers during my time here. Classes are educational and interesting and my majors allow me to really focus on the material I'm interested in. I play women's ultimate frisbee on campus as a club sport and have participated in a student-run play as well as gone to dance events hosted by campus clubs. I've also had the opportunity to be a research assistant with a professor and work through work-study. The advisers have been so helpful and helped me plan when I wanted to study for a year abroad. This college has everything you've ever wanted and then some and incredible campus culture and diversity due to its large student body.
- 8 days ago