Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeB+
University at Albany, SUNY is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Colonial Athletic Association
University at Albany, SUNY Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.148 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.146 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.146 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Rhetoric and Composition245Graduates
- Business Administration and Management222Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities198Graduates
- Political Science and Government145Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies140Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 85 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.186 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.193 responses
After University at Albany, SUNY
- Very Good669
Great location just outside of the city of Albany. You can take the bus down town for free and its just a short ride. There is a lot to do and the campus is very nice. Class sizes are pretty big but i like it that way, they tend to have less work. The party scene is amazing lots of bars and house parties almost every night you can find something to do.
- 5 days ago
At first I was hesitant to come to this school, but I quickly learned that it is an extremely diverse place with a high-quality social atmosphere. I feel welcomed in such a large place and am also excited that my major has been added to the list of majors. I no longer intend to transfer from UAlbany and am proud to study Human Development as a Great Dane.
- 8 days ago
Overall my experience as a first year student here at UAlbany has been great! The first few week was a little difficult as I was still getting used to the idea that this is where I will be living for the next four years. However, as soon as I was able to sign up for clubs and I was able to meet new people it started to feel like home. I recommend everyone to be as involved as they can, but not to the point where if affects their personal and academic life. As for classes they are all going well, the professors here are wonderful and know what they are doing. I'm really glad I chose to come to SUNY Albany, it is a great school. The only thing I didn't really like was the fact that all the buildings look exactly the same, but I've gotten used to it.
- 19 days ago