Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeC
Tuskegee University is ...
Private not-for-profit, HBCU
NCAA Division II (with football)
Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Tuskegee University Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.62 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.61 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.61 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Animal Sciences and Husbandry40Graduates
- Merchandising and Buying Operations27Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering25Graduates
- Aerospace Engineering20Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering19Graduates
- Chemical Engineering15Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.77 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.97 responses
After Tuskegee University
- Very Good291
I love it here. Family orientated. Campus life is great. Only downfall is the cafe food. Otherwise, the education and people I am surrounded by is awesome.
- 1 day ago
My school is a historical black college surrounded with great people. I would choose Tuskegee because it has so much history.
- College Freshman
- 2 months ago
Attending Tuskegee University, allowed me to broaden my views and perspective of life. I was able to face challenges and conquer them with no problem. Being away from home for the first time, allowed me to gain more maturity and wisdom. I became involved in various clubs, and was introduced to many activities I never thought I would be interested in. I became a tour guide for "The Oaks," home of Booker T. Washington, and a volunteer at the George Washington Carver Museum. I also went through woods with my professors, searching for streams to test the water for alkalinity, hardness, and pH, due to an internship I earned through out the school year. I met new people and created new bonds. I believe I enhanced my knowledge in the field of Chemistry, and I am ready to learn more of it so that I can be the best at anything I decide to do. I was invited to do an internship at Iowa State University under the Center for Biorenewable Chemicals, and I proudly accepted it. I finished my first year with a 4.0 grade point average. My first year of college was very successful, and I plan on many more successful years at Tuskegee University.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago