Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeB-
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Western Athletic Conference
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.121 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.123 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.121 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Rehabilitation and Therapy279Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities257Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration250Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science114Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services109Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.155 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.210 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 78 responsesReport
After The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Very Good733
Even though we just converted into a whole new bigger university, I feel confident our success turnout rate will be positive. There is a lot of potential in this region and everyone is trying to smootly transition to all the changes. It might take time but I have hope we will be one of the best universities nationwide.
- 4 hours ago
Many opportunites for students. Proffesors and staff actively encourage students to do research and get involved. Medium sized campus encourages students to meet. .
- 7 days ago
Professors, fellow students, and the administration are all wonderful people. Ready to lend a helping hand when you need one. At UTRGV you really feel like you belong there, that you are important.
- 9 days ago