Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeA
Texas State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Sun Belt Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.231 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.233 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.233 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities505Graduates
- Business Administration and Management400Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science303Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies193Graduates
- Public Relations175Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.332 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.422 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 116 responsesReport
After Texas State University
- Very Good1952
Texas State University is a very diverse group of people from many regions of the state, other states, even out of country! The people are nice and welcoming probably due to the fact of how the campus feels small despite being so large. There are so many activities and groups to be apart of you should never feel alone once you are here.
- 7 days ago
Texas State University has a million possibilities and opportunities, and yet can make you feel right at home. The city of San Marcos, the home to Texas State, is a quaint town filled to the brim with character. You could not possibly get bored on campus with all of the activities going on. However, some of the official business could use some work. The tuition statistics listed online drastically fluctuated from what was actually paid. This causes a lot of confusion and often results in students not choosing the school as their home. I certainly encourage prospective students to go in person to the University and talk to admissions and financial aid in person.
- 17 days ago
I like the campus and people are very friendly. Everything is close because campus is in a small town, so easy to walk everywhere. Rents are pretty cheap to compared to other college universities living.
- 17 days ago