Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB
Texas Lutheran University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Lutheran
NCAA Division III (with football)
Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.29 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.30 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.30 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management50Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science46Graduates
- Elementary Education16Graduates
- Drama and Theatre Production9Graduates
- Management Sciences and Information Systems9Graduates
- Studio Arts9Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.37 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.39 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 16 responsesReport
After Texas Lutheran University
- Very Good166
I just started my accounting courses and of course they are tough but getting together with my peers at the library helped me pull an A in my accounting courses. Going to professors also helps if you're going through a tough time, they are more than just professors here, they're like counselors. I have not started an internship but everyone I know that is in the accounting program has gotten great internship options and almost everyone has a job offer at the end of their internship!
- College Junior
- June 25 2014
I am an average student and aways have been, but TLU saw the heart that I put into my church and my community service organizations and gave me not only the Lutheran Advantage Scholarship ($12,500), and a TLU Grant ($500), but also the President's Award for Leadership and Service ($1000). The application processes for these awards were painless and very easy, and the response time was immediate. I couldn't b e more impressed. Don't be afraid to apply for a scholarship! TLU will work their absolute hardest to help you!
- College Student
- Apr 28 2013
The dining hall at Texas Lutheran University is called, Hein where you sit down and eat at and is totally awesome! Everyday there is salads, hamburgers, grilled cheese, desserts, and sandwiches available along with a different entree of the day. In addition to breakfast. There is also a place called Luckys where you can get your food and go, like a store. There is Mexican food, chicken varieties, sandwiches of your choice, hamburgers, and has snacks and drinks available like a convenience store.
- College Freshman
- Feb 12 2013