Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeA-
Swarthmore College is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Swarthmore College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.27 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.27 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.33 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.28 responses
After Swarthmore College
- Very Good124
My biggest risk ever taken was the decision to leave my hometown of Snellville and attend Swarthmore College on a generous financial aid package. That was the first time I'd moved to another state, physically left my family for a semester at a time, and survived on my own in a strange place. But after over 3 years, Swat has helped me find knowledge, community, solidarity, my politics and philosophy, new mentors/professors and best friends, and a better sense of myself. I am sure that the connections I forged at Swat will continue to enlighten and support me in the future. I am ineffably glad that I did choose to go to a small liberal arts college in Pennsylvania instead of a university in Georgia over the objection of some family members. I would definitely do Swat again if I could.
- 16 days ago
Swathmore has a great campus. Really vibrant and mature incorporated. The dorms are beautiful and student life seems awesome. Only thing I would change isn't the diversity and food which were the only areas it lacked in.
- Niche User
- 1 month ago
I've been here two weeks and I already feel at home. The people are amazing, the campus is wonderful and the college makes sure that students are happy and looked after.
- College Freshman
- 2 months ago