Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeB+
SUNY Oswego is ...
NAIA Division III
State University of New York Athletic Conference
SUNY Oswego Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.85 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.85 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.85 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management178Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies106Graduates
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication106Graduates
- Elementary Education85Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies63Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.105 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.117 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 58 responsesReport
After SUNY Oswego
- Very Good449
I like that SUNY Oswego is located right on the lake. It is a beautiful view and very cool to hang out by when the weather is nice. It is very cold when the weather is not nice. The wind off of the lake is extremely cold. The residence life is not what I had hoped. There are not enough washers and dryers for the amount of students in my hall. The activities put together for students are not entertaining. When registering for classes I was not given much of an idea what the classes entailed. Residence halls are very spaced out on campus and some are far from classes. This can make winter walks pretty unenjoyable.
- 13 hours ago
I love the location on Lake Ontario, and I really like my major too. I think there are a lot of opportunities for science majors and for business majors, but not for people majoring in anything art related. You really get out of it what you put into it. If you don't get involved in clubs or anything here, then you most likely will think this place sucks. However, I've started to become more involved now and my outlook on school here is improving. If you do not have a car and live on campus, it can be kind of depressing because there is not much you can do here without a car or a house. The dining halls are not that great either, and we pay a lot for them.
- College Sophomore
- 1 month ago
The people are obnoxious. The food is disgusting. The Internet is by far the worst. If you don't party you will be bored. Very little intellectual drive it seems from many students. Weather is horrible. The professors are very good, however there are some very bad ones. This school will screw you around.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago