Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
SUNY Geneseo is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
State University of New York Athletic Conference
SUNY Geneseo Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.54 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.57 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.56 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management95Graduates
- Special Education and Teaching67Graduates
- Mathematics & Statistics54Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies41Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology34Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.62 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.79 responses
After SUNY Geneseo
- Very Good331
I think the town is very cute and the people are really nice. A lot of my friends went there and when not paying for dorm living and commuting the price is so cheap one of them didn't need to take out loans at all.
- Niche User
- 1 month ago
When I was applying to colleges last year, Geneseo was a last minute, bottom of the list school. I got a last minute acceptance, about a week before May 1st, and decided to change my mind about the pricey private school I was already enrolled in. I have never made a better decision in my life. The campus is beautiful, my education is top notch, and even though I pay full price to go here it is very affordable. I am a biochemistry major on the pre-med track and there are so many pre professional resources and resume boosters on campus. I would absolutely recommend Geneseo to anyone, and am already drawing in rising seniors from my old high school because of my snapchats of the unbeatable Genseo sunset.
- 1 month ago
I am so glad I choose Geneseo, it's a good fit for me
- College Freshman
- 3 months ago