Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeA-
Stevens Institute of Technology is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Stevens Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.36 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.32 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.31 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Mechanical Engineering138Graduates
- Business Administration and Management69Graduates
- Civil Engineering49Graduates
- Chemical Engineering41Graduates
- Computer Science38Graduates
- Computer Engineering36Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering29Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering26Graduates
- Industrial and Engineering Management26Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology18Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.50 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.55 responses
After Stevens Institute of Technology
- Very Good208
I absolutely love my school! I was big on finding a school that was nearby a major city, and the fact that my school is just a subway ride from NYC is awesome! I have a view of the city skyline from my dorm room and the walk to breakfast everyday is just so beautiful. The campus is small, so all of my classes are close to each other. Other than the hike up to the Howe center for food, the campus is extremely convenient. There is green despite this being a campus in a very urban environment. The buildings are all very impressive and up to date with technology so many classes utilize their smartboards. Also, Hoboken is a great city to be living in, and with just a two block walk to Washington Street, you have everything you could need right at your fingertips. Hoboken is a safe, comfortable city and I've grown to love it over the past few months. Overall, I really love my school and would recommend it to anyone interested!
- College Freshman
- Nov 29 2015
Many of the professors here teach and do research. They have also worked in industry which is helpful when they connect real world situations with what they teach in class. Some seem to be forced to teach a subject they do not like and the students can tell. Some professors are tough and will call you out in class to answer a question, others will just lecture to you, it really depends on the class. The teaching assistants are always helpful. Utilize them!
- College Senior
- 11 months ago
I love the campus and campus location. Stevens is close to NYC and Hoboken has lots of great eating places. The staff and students are all there make everyone feel welcome. There is help for academics, joining the many clubs, finding your way around and help learning the system at Stevens. The professors are available and willing to help. Students just need to approach the professors. The staff is friendly and is always available. The campus feels safe and the Stevens police are always there looking out for the safety of students. The engineering classes are difficult, but the are plenty of study groups. You have to work hard, but it is worth it.
- 2 months ago