Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
St. John's University - New York is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AAA
Big East Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.115 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.115 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.114 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration147Graduates
- Physician Assistant131Graduates
- Business Administration and Management108Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management100Graduates
- Legal Studies95Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.171 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.208 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 52 responsesReport
After St. John's University - New York
- Very Good987
The school has some great things and some not so great things. Academically, I cannot complain. The way everything is set up is great and the professors are really dedicated and want to you pass. Socially, the school is terrible for me. Everything is so dead on weekends and evenings and the school has ZERO school spirit. There are some events happening around campus all the time but they're never advertised well so they're all pretty dead. Other than that, the campus is pretty and very perfect for something in NYC. Overall, I don't think its worth the cost!
- 16 days ago
St. John's is a great place to learn and meet new people. However, it comes with a huge price. If the price is affordable to students, then I think it's highly recommended for students to attend St. John's. I say this because of the experience I have had here at St. John's. I would have loved to stay and be a part of the class of 2019. But financial issues were holding me back. I'm sure this goes for many of my peers there.
- 16 days ago
not a bad college, it's around a diverse area, has a lot of of events to raise money.
- College Student
- 2 months ago