Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB-
Southwestern College - Kansas is ...
Private not-for-profit, Methodist
NAIA Division II
Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference
Southwestern College - Kansas Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.9 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.8 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.8 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management86Graduates
- Human Resources48Graduates
- Elementary Education44Graduates
- Computer Systems Technician31Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies31Graduates
- Operations Management30Graduates
- Business Support Services26Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Corrections25Graduates
- Health Care Management25Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.5 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.6 responses
After Southwestern College - Kansas
- Very Good36
My experience at this school is just amazing! My freshman year I had fell down the stairs outside of a building and I had three people stop to help me out. One offered to run to my dorm to grab what I needed and the others helped me back up the stairs to my class. That night they came to room to check on me and make sure everything was alright and if I needed anything. From that moment Southwestern College in Winfield, KS has become my home--my community. I would recommend this campus to anyone. This year showed me exactly how much they care about our education. I have found myself 5 credits short and they have found some many ways to make it possible for me to graduate. I have to take those 5 credits in the summer this year. This campus is my Builder Family.
- College Senior
- 8 months ago
The dining hall is small, the menu is rather varied but I mainly stuck with the cheeseburgers and salads as those were the best things they served consistently. Outside of campus food College Hill Coffee has the best food in town, over any and everything! It's a little more expensive, but you will not, I repeat, will not, regret eating there! Make sure to use up your flex dollars before the end of the semester because you wont be getting the money back that you've "haven't spent". You've already spent the money, so just use it!
- Recent Alumnus
- Mar 2 2015
There are a lot of fast food options, most aren't that good, but college students don't care really anyway. Braum's Ice cream is the best for that in town, and is consistently good with their food. Again, I mentioned this in the on campus dining, but College Hill Coffee is by far and away the best food option in town, and even if the food looks weird, try it, it's almost a guarantee you'll like it!
- Recent Alumnus
- Mar 2 2015