Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB-
Southern Oregon University is ...
NAIA Division II
Southern Oregon University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.54 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.58 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.58 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management129Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies66Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies57Graduates
- Elementary Education43Graduates
- Environmental Studies31Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies23Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say they don't have Greek life.53 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.74 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 39 responsesReport
After Southern Oregon University
- Very Good310
I am choosing to go back to the same university that I completed my undergraduate degree at because of the highly educated and experienced professors. I received one-on-one time with professors who had worked in their respective fields and were able to bring real-world experience into the classroom.
- College Junior
- 27 days ago
One of the main reasons I went to this school was of the small-class environment. It was nice to have professors that remembered you by name, and were often available to help you outside of class. I was a student before all of the new construction (dorms, cafeteria, science building, and soon-to-be athletic building). The dorms I stayed in were worn out and tired, and the food was sub-par. Things may have changed, though!
- 1 month ago
Overall a great experience. The classes are small allowing for a decent teacher-to-student ratio. The town is beautiful and has a lot to offer.
- 1 month ago