Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeB-
Southern Connecticut State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Northeast 10 Conference
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.82 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.76 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.76 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities242Graduates
- Business Administration and Management215Graduates
- Public Health93Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services73Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching57Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies54Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.95 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.111 responses
After Southern Connecticut State University
- Very Good384
Dorms are better after freshman year, though not terrible freshman year. No A/C that first year is rough. Food is not good. Expect to order out or microwave a lot. Tough to graduate in 4 years because of difficulty getting into necessary classes. Speaking with advisor helps. The gym class requirement sucks, but I got out of it because of a health issue. Took some classes online which was great. Had mostly good professors aside from a few for early gen eds, but that will happen anywhere. Easy to get to downtown New Haven with or without a car.
- 1 day ago
Awful. I transferred to southern after my freshman year, thinking I wanted to be closer to home and commute. I have been a student there for less than a month, and so far they have lost my transcripts twice, ignored multiple emails, and just generally given me attitude multiple times. It's absolutely not worth it, the administration is a joke, the education is subpar at best, and the professors just don't really care about their students.
- 29 days ago
The campus is the only thing appealing here. The surrounding location is sketchy and unattractive. The teachers are average, some are unlikable and pushy. There are many useless classes. There is little freedom in the classroom. The students are unfriendly and cliquey. The dorms are less than average and have no air conditioning. The food is mainly unhealthy and gives you diarrhea. The bathrooms are disgusting, old, and smelly. The showers are of poor quality. This place is a business and us students are the customers.
- College Freshman
- 1 month ago