Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeB-
Southern Connecticut State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Northeast 10 Conference
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.82 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.76 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.76 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities242Graduates
- Business Administration and Management215Graduates
- Public Health93Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services73Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching57Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness54Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.95 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.111 responses
After Southern Connecticut State University
- Very Good386
There are a variety of options for transportation. As a student, you get a free bus pass each semester, which is convenient and beneficial! However, the bus system can sometimes be unreliable with time. Cab fares vary depending on where you are going, but there are several companies to choose from. You can also use the campus shuttle to get around campus and to the train station. I believe this is free. ZipCar is a company you can access through campus which is basically a way to rent a car. Campus facilities are all within walking distance of each other. To access downtown and stores, you will need to use the bus or other forms of transportation.
- College Senior
- Dec 31 2013
Fascinating Educators – I have had a great experience with all of my classes and teachers. Everyone is so willing to help, all you really have to do is ask. I feel a lot of students may have the mentality that because this is a public institution, perhaps the teachers are less dedicated. This, however, is completely false. Many of the teachers have fascinating backgrounds and are here, primarily, because they enjoy teaching. Whether in my general education courses, or major courses, my teachers have been approachable and very helpful! Having attending multiple universities, I can honestly say that SCSU has the most "bang for the buck." There is no need to pay excessively for a college education. If you are committed to your own educational experience, save yourself $30,000/year. Everything truly is what you make of it!
- College Junior
- Sep 9 2011
A wide variety of restaurants nearby, especially downtown New Haven. It's easy and quick to get downtown, whether you drive or take public transit. Whatever you're craving, I'm sure you will find a restaurant with that cuisine! Prices range depending on where you go, but most places are affordable for college students. I haven't come across any restaurants that offer student rates. I'm a fan of the restaurants on Temple Street!
- College Junior
- Mar 25 2013