Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC+
Southern Connecticut State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Northeast 10 Conference
Southern Connecticut State University Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.55 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.47 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.47 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities242Graduates
- Business Administration and Management215Graduates
- Public Health93Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services73Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching57Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies54Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.76 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.91 responses
After Southern Connecticut State University
- Very Good370
Awful. I transferred to southern after my freshman year, thinking I wanted to be closer to home and commute. I have been a student there for less than a month, and so far they have lost my transcripts twice, ignored multiple emails, and just generally given me attitude multiple times. It's absolutely not worth it, the administration is a joke, the education is subpar at best, and the professors just don't really care about their students.
- 1 day ago
I really like Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU). As an international student, I felt welcomed the very first day I came to Southern. The Faculty and Staff are really helpful. The Residence Halls and other Academic Buildings were in close proximity and was very pleased with this. Also, the wide variety of clubs and social organizations helped with my transition into the school. I became part of the Caribbean Student Association (CSA) and they instantly made me feel at home. I can't complain about my university. I am thankful to be a student there.
- 17 days ago
It's a new experience for me & I wouldn't want to change if I had to do it all over again
- College Freshman
- 2 months ago