Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
Southeast Missouri State University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Ohio Valley Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.49 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.47 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.47 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities165Graduates
- Corrections and Corrections Administration88Graduates
- Industrial Production Technician77Graduates
- Family Studies and Consumer Sciences73Graduates
- Business Administration and Management66Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness66Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.70 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.85 responses
After Southeast Missouri State University
- Very Good318
I visited the SEMO campus on Friday, November 30 after setting up a personal tour. The staff was exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable, excluding one individual, and made me feel welcome. I have already been accepted to attend SEMO during the Fall of 2013 and I am now happy to say I cannot wait! The campus is massive and beautiful! I was told many of the buildings are older, and had my guide not told me, I would have never known! Everything is well taken care of and I must say nothing was disappointing. I have no hesitations when I say I would definitely say this college is especially welcoming and if you are still uncertain as to which college you are planning to attend, SEMO is definitely the answer!
- College Student
- Dec 2 2012
I've Changed 3 Times! My first major was journalism. The journalism program was actually fun. The professors took us to places that would be involved in our field of study, i.e. news stations, radio stations, etc. However, I didn't enjoy the technical aspects of the program, so I switched to something with more freedom in writing, English-writing. This degree wasn't secure enough for a career choice. I have now decided on Elementary education has (hopefully) my final major. So far (classes start in the fall) my advisers have been most helpful and encouraging with my major switch, even this far into school. Together we made a choice that will help me find work easier and still be something I enjoy doing every day.
- College Sophomore
- June 8 2012
International Business – I am an International Business major. Southeast Missouri State University has one of the best business schools in the Mid-West. I am proud to be part of this college of business at SEMO. The program has been credited and the workload is sustainable. The instructors give us students a lot to work on but it is enough to finish on time. The information they give to us is wonderful and educational. Facilities are great! The business building was just built about 6-7 years ago. It is easy to get around with elevators and stairs at every corner. The head of my department seldom sends out internship opportunities through the school email. However, most of the opportunities are for Marketing, not International Business. Other than that, this is a fantastic major to be at Southeast Missouri State University.
- College Sophomore
- Oct 31 2010