Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeC+
South Carolina State University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
South Carolina State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.61 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.59 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.60 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Family Studies and Consumer Sciences59Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services31Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration26Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching25Graduates
- Business Administration and Management21Graduates
- Speech Language Pathology20Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies17Graduates
- Food and Nutrition Studies16Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.86 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.90 responses
After South Carolina State University
- Very Good228
I love my University. It's family-oriented and holds people to a higher standard. Sometimes, I feel like they just let anyone in, but after these people are grilled by a professor they take a shining to, they either barely make it through, make room for someone else to take their place, or pull through strong come their junior year. There are support systems here. Our office of financial aid can use some serious help, though. I understand that catering to freshmen is important, but in doing so, they disrespect and neglect their upperclassmen, often leaving us out to dry. They also don't mention certain funds/scholarships that should be readily available to the student that needs just a little extra help. The food is... Okay. I just wish they would stop raising tuition just to give us the same stuff they've been giving us without improvement.
- College Senior
- 4 months ago
My first two semester attending South Carolina State University was great! From the atmosphere of campus, the people, staff, and just overall first year of college experiences. There are any different organizations to chose from and other extracurricular activities. The school work is intense but professors and tutiors definitely helped me out. Wouldn't change a thing.
- College Sophomore
- July 28 2015
Even though I am hours away from Atlanta , I feel at home! I was surprised of this because this is definitely a smaller city with less access to things I have back home. My roommate is awsome, and so are my suit mates. We have very funny hall meetings , that are just as much fun as they are important.
- College Freshman
- 3 months ago