Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC+
Sonoma State University is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
California Collegiate Athletic Association
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.93 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.90 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.90 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management370Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities158Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies99Graduates
- Environmental Sciences78Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies72Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.109 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.126 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 59 responsesReport
After Sonoma State University
- Very Good378
I love Sonoma State! I am involved in Greek Life and I plan on working on campus next year. I feel like everything it so easy to find and I love how I see people I know almost everywhere I go!
- 5 days ago
From the moment I stepped on campus, I felt at home. Sonoma State has a very welcoming environment and everyone at this school is very nice and supportive of one another. There are so many opportunities to get involved on campus from participating in village council to playing sports and joining clubs-there is something for everyone! The campus is absolutely beautiful! It is just the right size and it's easy to find where everything is. Sonoma State is an amazing college and I am so glad I made the decision to come here!
- 16 days ago
It is a beautiful school with a lot of growth and potential but the University needs to start thinking more about its studentstill and with its new President I believe that can happen. The Student Government on campus is very active and I love being a part of it. Greek life is a big part of campus but we do not have Greek row. I wish we had a better outlook of graduating in four years instead of 5-6. The professors are great and I have found that they really care about their students and with class sizes normally being around 30-40 and below you get to have meaningful interactions with them so you can build a realationship so you can potentially have a good source for internships and recommendation letters.
- 18 days ago